- H. Fournier designed a set of playing cards commemorating the American Civil War in 1981. The Four of Hearts displays the Merrimack.
- Hampton Roads area
- Monitor-Merrimack rock formation near Moab, Utah.
- A Guide To Moab and Canyon Country - Mountain Bike Trails
A trail around some rock formations named after the Monitor and Merrimack
- Merrimac Mines (Montgomery County, VA)
- The coal burned by the CSS Virginia was said to have come from Blacksburg and Montgomery County. After the battle, the mines became known as the Merrimac Mines.
- Virginia's Iron
- A report that the iron used in the shield came from Oriskany iron ore produced at the Grace Furnace Mines in Botetourt County.
Search within the above links
By double clicking on the above links, you can search that link's site for
|Copyright 1996-2005 by Mabry Tyson